Skip to main content

A Silly 'Flu'sh Back

Day 1:- Swine Flu's fear and fame was at its peak among the people. I was even more worried as the area in which I lived in Bangalore had some reported deaths and a lot of infections. A friend and colleague said I am over reacting and panicking too much. I replied with Tha'lame' fake anguish on my face - "Yeiiii ! Na Thani Aal illa !" (I am not just a single/one person). He replied - "Yes, I heard you eat three people's lunch"

To multiply the horror effect, suddenly many people in office were starting to catch "common cold". So, at times in office, when I am one among 2 or more people, who try to pass through a small space between cubicles, I do "About turn" and take my mobile and start calling Credit card telemarketers to make the move seem natural and escape the situation.

Day 2:- I was sitting at my place heavily concentrating on tasks like pointlessly checking mails continuously and occasionally doing productive work. Then I heard the dreadful sound. The heavy and loud sound of some one trying to Dry clean a 330 ml Pepsi bottle through a Straw trying to pull the last nanolitres of beverage in it. Damn ! It was coming from right near my ear or it even sounded like it came from inside my ear.

I turned around and with a sudden gasp, I pulled back my face at the speed of light from Mannu's Nostrils who brought his face closest to me without smooching!! "Dude! What??" I asked trying not to sound very loud and irritated. He actually being a sweet polite guy, said "Sorry to bother you Dude. Can you please show me the sample code that you were showing that day?". "Ok. Sure I will IM you the link" I said. "Ok man. Thanks a lot !" He said and left the place. PHEW !

Later in the day, I asked him about his cold and he replied with a cool tone - "No Dood, its just 4 days since it started, I have to go to doctor tomorrow or in the weekend". "What ? Is he out of his mind !" I thought. Is it possible I got infected because of him ?. "Naah You are just crazy and scared" I thought to myself.

Day 3:- The next day I woke up like every other day, brushed, bathed and dressed up for office. Then I did something subconsciously. I tried to suck back something with my nostrils... Whh.. What ! Mucus ??! To describe my feelings that moment - I really felt like setting my hair on fire and running on the roads screaming like crazy !

Without wasting time, I decided I will go to hospital in the lunch time even against the deadliest odds of in fact ... skipping ...... lunnnnchh ! I know there was a good sized hospital behind my company building and so started walking towards it as soon as it was lunch time. I noticed there was no way or door in the front except for the pharmacy.

So I went to the security and asked about whether "Out-Patients" are allowed. He said Yes. Then I asked do they perform "Swine Flu" check up? He said Yes again. Immediately He asked me back "Patient Yellidhare ?" (Where is the Patient ?) I had to control all my emotions and say with a plain face - "Its for me".

I reached inside and I had one of those dreadful hospital moments, where everyone who came in the opposite started looking literally 'green'. Again "About TURN !" I reached the end of the corridor which was the Out-Patient area. I met a Nurse and inquired about Out-Patients and Swine Flu check up and secretly prayed that she should not ask "Where is the patient ?". She did not. "Doctor will be here in a minute. In the meanwhile you can Please bring the patient here" She said instead. I said "I am the patient" with a plain face again and explained - "Today Morning onwards I am having a cold, so I just want to be cautious." She turned around and I think she chuckled.

I don't remember how it ended, but I did have a slight fever also, but eventually both of them disappeared.

Comments

  1. happened to many,a very dreadful time it was.

    what if you go for a check up and you get the real flu infection from thr ?? :D Screwed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The possibility of getting flu from hospital is greater I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I know Vodafone India is selling your numbers to Telemarketers!

My phone speakers stopped working a little while ago. So when the phone is not with me, which is, most of the time, I have the habit of calling people back after I see the missed calls. So I called up this unknown number today who had tried to call me earlier. "Good Morrrrningg Doctor Raahaevoswangyaaa" (that's how he pronounced it), the guy said on the other line. Ok, I know! the 'Doctor' part right? I will explain soon below. My brain quickly figured out two possible callers - either its an old friend or its someone from Vodafone customer service calling me.

I thought it was an old friend first, because the way the guy wished me 'good morning' was the rough equivalent of a class of seventy five 5th standard students wishing the class teacher 'good morning' in the first hour of Monday morning. Except, there was no chorus and just one voice tone which was very close to Akshay Kumar's, in one of his 'decade old' movies with that annoyin…

Cute Kavithaigal

These were forwarded to me.. loved them