Skip to main content

An unfair world - An unknown hesitation..

It was an unusual day and something did not feel right. As I was locking my house gate, In my thoughts I knew, something is wrong with me today. A few moments later I realized it was because I was leaving home on (right) time to office.  I wore my turtle-shell helmet, which usually I take care of, instead of it taking care of me while driving. A lot of people praised me telling how 'awesome' (disclaimer:- the actual word might slightly differ e.g. good, okay etc.) it looks and how it fits my face and head perfectly except for the silly bike I owned. They always recommended me to buy a Bullet or Harley Davidson type of vehicle due to my huge build over the last 2 years.


As I drove,  I saw a kid of around 8 years driving a small bicycle about 25 meters away from me. A big Innova car was coming in the opposite side in that 'not so big' road and there were Auto-rickshaws parked on the side of the road. The kid trying to get through the small gap between the Auto-rickshaws and Innova car, accidentally drove over the 'just stepped out' feet of an Auto-rickshaw driver, who actually was busy talking to someone inside probably about his cruel wife who doesn't let him in if he comes home totally wasted and drunk at night, INSTEAD of actually watching the road while getting out of his vehicle.



The driver and the kid clashed and the driver caught the bicycle, which almost tumbled down and fell against himself. The next 5 seconds, there were POWs and SOKs over the poor kid's head, as the driver slapped the boy 3 to 4 slaps on his head slightly above his right ear. He yelled at him for not watching the road and for driving so close by the Auto-rickshaw. With a sad and slightly scary look on his face, as the kid opened his mouth to explain something, THUDDD ! he got the next slap on his head. The kid just drove away with his heavy eyes and disappointment. There were tears waiting to roll down his cheeks and the pressure on his eyelids was enormous, but he controlled himself and drove with a face which turned from sad and scary to shrewd and angry yet with slight tears starting to roll down his cheeks.

That face showed a hatred. Hatred towards the driver, hatred towards the world for being unfair. After all, he was not the one who made the mistake. No one on the road came to help or support, none of the other drivers even pulled back the driver while hitting him.

As I passed this incident, I drove with my mind imagining about the series of unfortunate events that could follow due to this incident in that kid's life, the kind of feelings he might develop against people and world in general. What if his parents never hear him out when he gets home, as they were not present in the spot to see the actual impact ? May be someone should have consoled him, supported him, cheered him up.. I know I wanted to. But I never did. Shame on me.

I just decided while making this update that, the next time I pass by such an incident, I WILL definitely act....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Silly 'Flu'sh Back

Day 1:- Swine Flu's fear and fame was at its peak among the people. I was even more worried as the area in which I lived in Bangalore had some reported deaths and a lot of infections. A friend and colleague said I am over reacting and panicking too much. I replied with Tha'lame' fake anguish on my face - "Yeiiii ! Na Thani Aal illa !" (I am not just a single/one person). He replied - "Yes, I heard you eat three people's lunch"

To multiply the horror effect, suddenly many people in office were starting to catch "common cold". So, at times in office, when I am one among 2 or more people, who try to pass through a small space between cubicles, I do "About turn" and take my mobile and start calling Credit card telemarketers to make the move seem natural and escape the situation.

Day 2:- I was sitting at my place heavily concentrating on tasks like pointlessly checking mails continuously and occasionally doing productive work. Then I h…

How I know Vodafone India is selling your numbers to Telemarketers!

My phone speakers stopped working a little while ago. So when the phone is not with me, which is, most of the time, I have the habit of calling people back after I see the missed calls. So I called up this unknown number today who had tried to call me earlier. "Good Morrrrningg Doctor Raahaevoswangyaaa" (that's how he pronounced it), the guy said on the other line. Ok, I know! the 'Doctor' part right? I will explain soon below. My brain quickly figured out two possible callers - either its an old friend or its someone from Vodafone customer service calling me.

I thought it was an old friend first, because the way the guy wished me 'good morning' was the rough equivalent of a class of seventy five 5th standard students wishing the class teacher 'good morning' in the first hour of Monday morning. Except, there was no chorus and just one voice tone which was very close to Akshay Kumar's, in one of his 'decade old' movies with that annoyin…

Cute Kavithaigal

These were forwarded to me.. loved them